When it came to minimalism, the music studio was no exception. Just like minimizing the rest of our lives down to the essentials, we did the same with the studio.
The results were the same as they were from stripping down to only what we used and needed in the rest of our lives. It was freeing and completely non-inhibiting. By shedding the mass amount of outboard gear (as just a couple of pieces of gear replaced it all), it was perfectly sufficient and we made no sacrifices in the end.
We used to be in love with buying more and more gear. Now, we’re in love with our streamlined studio.
Check out our studio tour in the RV from our YouTube channel:
As of 2020, our minimal studio gear/setup consists of:
- 15″ MacBook Pro Retina
- 32″ Ultra-wide Samsung Curved LCD Monitor
- Universal Audio Apollo Twin Audio Interface
- Native Instruments Maschine MK3 Controller/Groove Machine
- Arturia MiniLab MK2 Controller
- 5″ KRK Rokit Studio Monitors
- AKG Perception 200
- AmericanDJ switch board
- Ableton Live 10.0+
- Logic Pro
- UAD plugin – Empirical Labs Distressor & Fatso
- UAD plugin – Neve Preamps
- UAD plugin – Lexicon 480L
- UAD plugin pack – Shadow Hills Mastering Suite
- UAD plugin pack – Teletronix, LA-2A, Reverb, Simple Delay, Guitar Amps
- Soft synths – Arturia V-Collection
- Soft synths – Diva, Legend, KORG Legacy, Serum, Sylenth